見到佢平又有100MB...唔知係咪伏

好似得london先有,諗住下年試下

好似係
我9月搬果到都有得裝,但係見咁平好怕係伏
google過正評好似多過負皮,同埋見佢可以揀no contract既deal,諗緊試唔試
2017-08-09 00:58:32
hi
2017-08-09 01:33:19

She will need to have something to proof where she stays in the UK, as well as her passport, in order to open a bank account in the UK. As soon as she arrives in the UK, apply for a provisional driving licence and use it as proof of address once she got it.

Is it possible to apply for the national insurance number then use the letter they send her to open a bank account?

Or if I add her to the lease/tenancy agreement, using it as proof should be okay?

Letter from HMRC / DWP re NI number will be fine. With regards to lease/tenancy agreement, it is likely to be accepted as proof of address if you rent from the local council or housing association.

Thanks for the info
I checked with HSBC and turns out they can only open an oversea account for you if you are either a premier customer (who needs to have at least 1,000,000HKD deposited) or willing to pay 1600HKD for the service.

Exactly but its only way out. Or you open an HKBEA acount but the only ATM in London is located in china town.

I will pay that 1600

Can you not use the letter of national insurance number from HMRC as the proof?

I mean, to open a bank account after your arrival.

Well. It is a good idea to open an account after arrival. However, I think it is easier to manage the money to transfer from bank in UK to bank in HK.
But on the other hand, open an account at lloyds bank can save hkd 1,600...

So brother, if u open account after arrival, how can you transfer $ back to HK?

I actually have never had an account in Hong Kong
But for my girlfriend, I'm planning to let her take out all her cash in GBP and bring it with her to the UK
2017-08-09 01:40:45

So if i would like my children get both Hong Kong ID and british citizen.. he/she shld be born in UK first and apply Hong Kong ID before I obtain the ILR (Which is 5 yrs). And once I got ILR, My children willl get both Hong Kong and British Citizen, is it correct?

A baby born in the UK does not automatically receive British Citizenship. The British born baby will get British Citizenship if at lease one of the parent is -

1) a British Citizen OR
2) have Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK

As Chinese nationality law does not allow dual nationality for Chinese nationals, in order to get Chinese nationality for a child born in the UK, you need to show that you and your wife only have limited leave to remain in the UK. Therefore, as long as your child is born before you or your wife gets ILR or British Citizenship, then the baby will be a Chinese national as he/she has no other nationality.

If you are planning to have children and want your children to have both British Citizenship and Chinese nationality (thus Hong Kong ID card), here are a few ways for you to consider -

1) Have the child in the UK before you or your wife gets ILR. This means that the child, although born in the UK, is not a British Citizen. An important point is to apply for the baby's HKSAR passport as soon as possible at one of the Chinese consulate in the UK. The baby is Chinese and will need to apply for registration to become a British Citizen using form MN1 under section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act 1981.

2) Have the child in Hong Kong before either you or your wife gets ILR - the baby will have Chinese nationality. However, you will need to get a visa for the child in order for him/her to come and live in the UK.

3) Have the child in Hong Kong after either you or your wife gets British Citizenship. Your child is a Chinese national as he/she is born in Hong Kong and he/she is also a British Citizen by descent. You will need to apply for a British passport for the child in order for him/her to come and live in the UK. Please note that a British Citizen by
descent cannot automatically pass on his/her British Citizenship to his/her child (i.e. your grandchild) born outside of the UK.

Sorry for the long post - hope it is helpful.

Many thanks to your point in details

Seems like option 1 is best way to let the child be BC and also let my grandchild be BC even born outside of the UK. And I will plan to get marry asap to make the visa process easier.

Get married in Hong Kong - as Hong Kong's wedding certificates are in both Chinese and English language, you will not need to translate it into English for UK visa applications.

Option 1 can be done before either you or your wife gets ILR. Remember to look into registering the UK born child as a British Citizen using form MN1.

Another point - get your future wife to renew her BN(O) passport (if she has not already done so) and use it for her UK visa application.
2017-08-09 01:46:08
搭單問

If different visas and passports (i.e. HKSAR+BNO) are used, and given the combined duration of all visas is exactly 10 years, would the 10 years' residence requirement for the ILR be satisfied in this case?

I would not think this matters as long as the details within the two passport are the same (for example name, date and place of birth).

I would suggest you to fill in your BN(O) passport's details in the SET (O) form so that the Indefinite Leave to Remain will be issue to your BN(O) passport and you can take advantage of being able to register as a British Citizen using form B(OTA) - which is a cheaper way than naturalisation using form AN.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-to-register-as-a-british-citizen-form-bota
2017-08-09 02:35:34
有冇人聽過/用過hyperoptic呢間上網
見到佢平又有100MB...唔知係咪伏

好似得london先有,諗住下年試下

好似係
我9月搬果到都有得裝,但係見咁平好怕係伏

我見呢間野專裝線入d新樓度,伊家俾既bt infinity2成45一個月
2017-08-09 03:01:40
有冇人聽過/用過hyperoptic呢間上網
見到佢平又有100MB...唔知係咪伏

好似得london先有,諗住下年試下

好似係
我9月搬果到都有得裝,但係見咁平好怕係伏

已申請hyperoptics.... 下個星期黎裝.... 帽事既
2017-08-09 03:07:22
有冇人聽過/用過hyperoptic呢間上網
見到佢平又有100MB...唔知係咪伏

好似得london先有,諗住下年試下

好似係
我9月搬果到都有得裝,但係見咁平好怕係伏

等report
我得BT同呢間揀
但BT要成60鎊setup cost呢間就唔使
2017-08-09 04:51:22
英國網絡商好尻
新客平過loyal客
年年轉就岩
2017-08-09 05:02:09
有冇巴打講解下響英國租屋點樣先唔被scam。多謝

一定要睇樓先租!!!!
最好租果日去睇住佢地做inventory

我都會睇左先租 同埋問定洗唔洗比
1. Bills
2. Council tax
3. Admin fee
4. Agent fee
5. Tv license fee
6. Boardband fee

巴打講解下咩叫睇住佢地做inventory

https://www.depositprotection.com/documents/dps-tenant-checklist.pdf

唔明
2017-08-09 05:04:04
有冇巴打講解下響英國租屋點樣先唔被scam。多謝

一定要睇樓先租!!!!
最好租果日去睇住佢地做inventory

聽聞有人睇完樓簽完約俾完deposit先知被伏
2017-08-09 07:24:19
有冇人聽過/用過hyperoptic呢間上網
見到佢平又有100MB...唔知係咪伏

好似得london先有,諗住下年試下

好似係
我9月搬果到都有得裝,但係見咁平好怕係伏

幾錢?同埋無install fee?
2017-08-09 07:59:35
英國網絡商好尻
新客平過loyal客
年年轉就岩

Same as Hong Kong
2017-08-09 07:59:59
有冇巴打講解下響英國租屋點樣先唔被scam。多謝

一定要睇樓先租!!!!
最好租果日去睇住佢地做inventory

聽聞有人睇完樓簽完約俾完deposit先知被伏

點伏
2017-08-09 09:20:49
有冇巴打講解下響英國租屋點樣先唔被scam。多謝

一定要睇樓先租!!!!
最好租果日去睇住佢地做inventory

聽聞有人睇完樓簽完約俾完deposit先知被伏

點伏

佢通過spareroom租,過曬數先收到spareroom通知話個人係老千黎。再打比個人已經聯絡唔到。過幾日電話停埋機添。事先完全唔似偏案,因為簽約前有D細節要改動,對方好樂意幫手。知道中伏之後再網上查個地址,原來係airbnb黎,D騙徒租左airbnb單位跟住用黎作案
2017-08-09 15:17:54
有冇人聽過/用過hyperoptic呢間上網
見到佢平又有100MB...唔知係咪伏

好似得london先有,諗住下年試下

好似係
我9月搬果到都有得裝,但係見咁平好怕係伏

幾錢?同埋無install fee?

https://hyperoptic.com/
100mb 頭1年27鎊 per month / 20mb 20鎊 per month
好吸引,冇installation fee
2017-08-09 19:11:15
2017-08-09 19:43:30
岩岩先知原來有呢個post
有冇人係tier 2 visa 可以解答下我疑難
2017-08-09 20:28:57

睇住達哥先喇
2017-08-09 20:29:24
岩岩先知原來有呢個post
有冇人係tier 2 visa 可以解答下我疑難

你想問乜?
吹水台自選台熱 門最 新手機台時事台政事台World體育台娛樂台動漫台Apps台遊戲台影視台講故台健康台感情台家庭台潮流台美容台上班台財經台房屋台飲食台旅遊台學術台校園台汽車台音樂台創意台硬件台電器台攝影台玩具台寵物台軟件台活動台電訊台直播台站務台黑 洞